Having the capacity, systems and processes in place to track and measure our impact, is of great importance to FoodForward SA and our donors. Partnerships depend on trust, transparency, accountability and impact.
We are proud to announce that during our 2020/2021 financial year, we distributed 41% more food! Thanks to the support of every single donor, partner, sponsor and ambassador, FoodForward SA distributed 7,215 tons of food (up 41% from the previous year), which is equivalent to almost 29 million meals.
During this period, we:
- distributed to our network of 1,005 beneficiary organisations (up 50% from the previous year).
- reached 475,000 vulnerable people daily (including over 62,000 people living in vulnerable rural communities.
- operated across all 9 provinces of South Africa.
- at a cost of R0,85 per meal (same as previous year).
- generated R98,07 of SROI impact from every rand donated.
At R0,85, our cost per meal remains unchanged. Although our operational costs increased as a consequence of our rapid expansion to all nine provinces, the number of meals we distributed showed a significant, associated increase. This continues to make FoodForward SA’s multi-faceted foodbanking model the most cost-effective in South Africa to address hunger.
To all our supporters and on behalf of the beneficiaries we serve, thank you for travelling this journey with us!
You can help FoodForward SA reach even more vulnerable people by donating here: DONATE HERE