Mandela Day Food Drive
In honour of Tata Madiba, on 18 July, volunteers will join hands to help us pack food items at our Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg warehouses that we will distribute during winter to our network of beneficiary organisations that not only offer meals but also life-changing social support.
If you want to volunteer your 67 minutes and help someone in need enjoy a nutritious meal., click here.
If you’re unable to attend or want to go the extra mile, you can also help us collect food items that you can deliver to our warehouse or bring along on Mandela Day.
The most needed food items include:
- Rice, Maize Meal, Spaghetti, Samp, Sugar Beans;
- Soup Mix, Lentils, Baked beans, Pilchards, Tuna;
- Oats, Jam, Peanut Butter;
- Cooking Oil, Salt and Sugar.
Some guidelines when collecting food:
Collect only non-perishable food items.
- Do not collect any cooked items/meals.
- Please check the expiry dates on all products, as FoodForward SA will not accept any expired products.
Contact us on 021 531 5610 or e-mail Fayrene Langson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.