The most needed food items include:
· Rice, Maize Meal, Spaghetti, Samp , Sugar Beans;
· Soup Mix, Lentils, Baked beans, Pilchards, Tuna;
· Oats, Jam, Peanut Butter;
· Cooking Oil, Salt and Sugar
Non-Food Grocery Items:
· Sanitary Towels
Some guidelines when collecting food:
- Collect only non-perishable food items.
- Do not collect any cooked items/meals.
- Please check the expiry dates on all products, as FoodForward SA will not accept any expired products .
Tips for holding a successful food drive:
- Develop a theme – a themed food drive for a special occasion or celebrated day will help with marketing your food drive and add some excitement.
- Call your nearest FoodForward SA branch – let us know you are planning a food drive and find out what we are most in need of.
- Set up a collection point – a medium-sized box works best; properly identify the boxes and place them in highly visible places that are convenient for people to access.
- Promote your food drive – advertise your food drive through whatever means you have available e.g. flyers, e-mails, and social media. Include the dates of the drive and locations of the collection boxes.
- Arrange for transportation – arrange collection or delivery of the food with the nearest FoodForward SA branch.
Contact us on 021 531 5610 or e-mail Fayrene Langson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to hold a food drive.