Giving to good causes is part of our South African-ness and is testament to our spirit of ubuntu. Working at FoodForward SA, we are reminded of this every day.
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic saw an upsurge in fundraising initiatives aimed at supporting impactful causes that address food security among vulnerable communities. This generosity of spirit and time saw many individuals, including staff working in corporate settings albeit remotely, initiate online fundraising campaigns to support our COVID relief efforts.
Photo: Ashley Vlotman/Gallo Images.
FoodForward SA salutes the individuals and the many corporate staff who dedicated their time to drive these initiatives. You are making a difference in many people’s lives.
Corporate Staff-driven Campaigns:
- The Old Mutual Staff Volunteer Fund Trust granted FFSA two donations of R1 million each. This support will ensure that at-risk groups supported by our beneficiary organisations, like the elderly and vulnerable women and children, continue to receive critical food provisions.
- Investec staff raised an incredible R1,4 million for FFSA through individual employee donations. This followed on Investec’s generous donation of R5 million to FFSA as its COVID response contribution.
- Absa’s donation of R1 million to FFSA was made possible through donations from its employees as part of Absa’s COVID-19 response for vulnerable groups.
- Capitec ran a campaign to encourage their clients and staff to support FFSA via their mobile banking app. Capitec will match the R88,282 raised.
- FTI Consulting facilitated a fundraising drive amongst its South African staff members to assist FFSA with its COVID efforts. FTI Consulting matched the amount raised by their staff and donated a total of R58,000.
- Ernst and Young also ran an employee fundraising campaign and matched the contribution of their staff members. They donated R160,000.
- The staff at PwC contributed to our efforts and their donations were also boosted by matching donations by PwC. They donated R30,000.
- We are also humbled by the COVID-19 food security fundraising initiative driven by staff working for Vivo Energy. The total of the staff donations and contributions from the company came to R15,250.
Cause Marketing Campaigns:
As further testimony to South Africans’ amazing generosity, individuals, emerging brands and some established businesses also selected FFSA as a beneficiary of their once-off or continuous cause marketing campaigns. These partnerships have given FFSA a huge boost towards its goal of reaching 1 million vulnerable people daily.
We are so grateful to the following incredible brands for selecting FoodForward SA as a beneficiary.
- Food Lover’s Market Hunger Month
- UCook Food Fund
- PnP Feed the Nation Campaign
- SA Rugby 32:12 Campaign
- Denny Mushrooms
- Black Coffee Home Brewed Fundraiser
- McCain 20th Anniversary 100,000 Meals Campaign
- UCT Rowing Club Fundraiser
- Distinctive Spaces
- Faithful to Nature
- Vesperdine Balcony Half Marathon
- One Cart
- Actualize Gym
- Green Machine
- Buy Fresh
- One Boutique Store
- Reach for the Sky Fundraising Campaign
- Insurance Institute of the Western Cape
- Galetti Corporate Real Estate
- Standard Bank Virtual 100-Mile Charity Walk
If you or your company would like more information on how you can help us end hunger, visit https://foodforwardsa.org/fundraiser/ or contact Fayrene on 021-5315670 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org